A quick Blog for family and friends to keep up with my Travels

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Football, Soccer, and a School yard Brawl

I went to my first Rugby Match today. It was Auckland versus Northland in the quarter finals of the Air New Zealand Cup. As far as I can tell, rugby is sort of a cross between football, soccer, and a school yard brawl or, to put it in CARPS terms, its like Orc ball with fewer rules. I think I started to understand the basics by the end of the game. Auckland lost by 5 which was a major upset. They were expected to walk all over Northland. It was loads of fun and I will probably go to a semi final game next weekend. The tickets were only NZ$10 which included the train ticket to and from the stadium.

















2 comments:

Ryan Greer said...

Hey Wayne!! Great pics so far! Any new updates lately? Have you visited any of the places where they filmed the LOTR series?? I know there is a park in Auckland, where they did some filming.

Well, I hope all is well and I look forward to seeing more updates!!

Anonymous said...

No new posts, eh? Awesome pictures though. Hope all is still going well.

Good ju-ju from the Beastie...